Monday, February 22, 2010

How I felt while I waited and continue to wait

This is something I wrote in my paper journal before we got the call saying that yes we have been chosen!!

I'm jumping at every ring of the phone my heart beats a million miles a minute my hands tremble my voice shakes and my mind races.

Never did I think it would be this hard I don't know them I haven't heard there voices or even been told all about them yet but.....I love them I wanted to hold them I want to tell them I love them, to put them to bed and read to them. I want to assure them I will always be there.

I want to cook for them and take them to the park I want. I want to teach them and instruct them. I want to show them Jesus. I want to be apart of healing all of the wounds from there past. I want to watch my husband love them, play with them and teach them. I long for the call that says we are chosen we are the ones that get the honor of saying these are our sons that phrase alone brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. oh to hear them giggle at night when they should be sleeping to watch them grow and change even to deal with all of the hard times I would rather have my heart broken with them then to not and not have them.


How excited we are that they have chosen us! There is still a process a head of us and and Im quite confident there is still a ton of emotions to deal with as things come, but The Lord as been and I know He will continue to be so faithful and we are so blessed that He is the one in control and is making Himself known through all of this!

2 comments:

  1. This amazing journey of adoption is full of emotional roller coaster and as I read your thoughts I feel as if I'm reading my own. I SO understand your heart! The Lord is showing you in such a beautiful tangible way His love for you through your love for these boys! One day you will "write a new name" on your children just as the Lord has written a new name on you! I love you my friend and I am here for you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isnt it amazing how the Lord allows us to be in contact with people who know the joys and trials that we face in the different areas of our lives! I love you too and am so thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete