Thursday, May 13, 2010

Its really real!

Last Saturday was awesome! We spent a good three hours with our boys just playing! It was wonderful. They didn't know that we are their parents but we did manage to break the ice with them and have a good time! I just simply loved watching them play and playing with them it was so hard not to touch them to much or get personal it was a very odd feeling looking into my sons eyes falling in love with them and them looking back at us as if we are just some people they met and are playing ball with, and really I know that is what we were in a since. But it really makes you wonder about how the Lord feels looking at us and watching us loving us so very much knowing what a wonderful plan he has for us while His children don’t know him don’t realize they have a father that loves them and has an amazing future for them!

We were told after that our oldest did ask " are those the people that want to adopt us?" And he was told that we are interested in adoption and in them but that nothing was decided. I hate that they were lied too...

On Tuesday we planned out the calendar, its so stinken crazy, but so exciting! We cant wait to be with them all the time. Last night was to me one of the biggest nights on the calendar even though we were not there. The boys were told last night about us and that they were going to now have a "forever family". I just keep praying for their little hearts that they are ok and that they are excepting this. I know its so hard on them and so so scary. The unknown can be terrifying really for all of us!

Tomorrow is the second biggest night at 5pm we will be introduced to them as their new parents!! Its hard for me to even write about it. Its huge and it is to me going to be one of the biggest scariest moments in mine and Charlies life. In my mind its similar to the birth of a child so excited and yet scary too. I guess for me its the fear of rejection. I know that their hearts wont be filled with joy like ours, and thats ok Im just really fearful that they will flat out refuse this process. So we are praying praying praying for all of the hearts involved that they would except us, and be open to us and that we would respond how we should and that i wont get to emotional. I know its really important that I hold it together and it will only be by the grace of God that I do.

After Friday they have Saturday to process it and then Sunday we are going to go to the foster parents house for a bbq and just hand out. And they there is about of month of visits, outings, meetings, training and then finally the goal date is June 11th the day our sons will come home to stay! I just loved when we were in the meeting making the calendar and Charlies hear our goal date he just lit up and was simply over joyed because his birthday is June 12th and has he said to everyone in the meeting he will be getting his sons for his birthday! It took alot to not cry right then and there! I just love that. What an amazing gift they will be!

The last thing that I want to say is just again how amazing the body of Christ is, never in our lives have we felt so covered in prayer. It has increased our faith, and blessed us more then we could ever have anticipated. People have been so giving and self sacrificing its truly humbling. We continue to covet and appreciate your prayers as we are heading into this very excited month!

We love all of you so much!

3 comments:

  1. Is yelling 'YAHOOOOOO' appropriate? lol
    I love what the Lord showed you as you looked on your boys with such love, knowing the wonderful plans you have for them, for good... and they didn't know you (as a parent) and that that is how God looks on us before we know Him as our Father. Great stuff Chas!

    I can't wait to hear how it goes the next time you get to be with them now that they know.

    Love you guys and will remain in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAHOOOOO!!!!! is right! I agree with Tammie! Great stuff Chas! We are praying, praying, praying! We love you guys! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steadfast in prayer and SUPER excited... I LOVE watching the Lord build your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete